Monday 20 May 2013

My Melodifestivalen 2013 Top 4


Here's a little ranking I did for MF, thought I'd post it here.
My Top 4 Melodifestivalen Final Songs:

#4 - 7 Points - Robin Stjernberg - You
The overall winner of MF. It wasn't the worst choice that Sweden could have made, and it's a pretty decent song.

#3 - 8 points - Louise Hoffsten - Only the Dead Fish Follow The Stream
This was a very pretty little song, and this could have done well at ESC. I mean, look at how well Anouk's song about birds falling down did for the Netherlands, this type of song is what the contest needs.

#2 - 10 Points - Yohio - Heartbreak Hotel
Now this was bloody brilliant, and this song was insanely catchy. I would have been very happy if this had won MF. In fact, when the votes first came pouring in, it looked like Yohio would win the contest. But alas, it wasn't to be.

#1 - 12 Points - Ravaillacz - En riktig jävla schlager
My absolute favourite song from Melodifestivalen 2013. I don't care what anyone else says, I loved this. The Swedish language is just great to listen to (seriously there needs to be more songs in Swedish in MF), and I really hope that one day Sweden once again chooses a Swedish song to represent them. Not to mention that Tommy Körberg sent two of my favourite ESC songs of all time in 1969 and 1988. This is clearly the true winner of Melodifestivalen.

Honourable Mentions: Copacabanana by Sean Banan was hilarious, but I'm not sure Sweden would have wanted it to represent their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment