Tuesday 11 June 2013

More about Sunčane Skale 2013

Hey everyone, Britski here. I've just recently received an email from the project leader of Sunčane Skale and who was also in the PR for the Macedonian delegation from ESC 2013, and he told me a lot of stuff I didn't know about the contest this year, so I thought I'd share all of these things with you guys.

Well, first thing's first, I now have a link to the official Telman video, rather than a reupload - Тельман - Сердце пополам
 
He then also very helpfully linked me to a video of Mave O'Rick - Heaven, which was posted on Youtube yesteday.
Mave O'Rick is a German singer who took part in the Swiss national final this year, but didn't get through to the live show. Here is Mave O'Rick's song 'My Beat', which took part in the national final selection process.
And here is an article in which Mave O'Rick speaks to ESC Daily about this song.


And now about Ellyland:

"Ellyland from Azerbaijan is also very well known there not only in Germany. She was at the Azeri National Final 2010 when Safura won. She is better known as Elli in Azerbaijan. In Germany she started now the new project "Ellyland" thats why you see so many german comments on this video :) The song is at the moment released in Germany, Austria & Switzerland (so far as I know)"

I didn't actually know that Ellyland had taken part in the national final, but I found Elly's 2010 NF video here if you want to see that. She is also a former member of the German band Bisou which was formed on the German TV show Popstars by German rapper Bushido.

More on the Eurovision connection now, Pamela Ramljak was a member of the band Femminem, and Ivana Banfić was a participant at Dora, the Croatian national final for the Eurovision.

As was mentioned earlier, Glenys Vargas was the backing singer for Juliana Pasha (Albania) back at ESC 2010 in Oslo. Also, if you want to know more about this, I recently discovered that Glenys Vargas has a blog and in this article she goes into a lot more detail about her time at Eurovision 2010. If you're interesting in the behind-the-scenes type stuff at ESC, this is a very good read. Also, it appears that Glenys and Kevin have their sights set on Eurovision, and could possibly represent someone in the near future?

US/UK Entries:
2011 - Power Positive
2012 - Love Me, Let Me Go
2013 - Dream! 
 
This will be the third time that they represent the US/UK. As always, good luck to all the entrants, and I must thank MeshPR again for his very helpful email.

-Britski

No comments:

Post a Comment